Jun 25, 2020
Ci is a professional volleyball player, having competed in the top leagues of Europe for 10 years, including Germany, Italy, Turkey and France, with a Champions League silver medal to boot. She was part of the London 2012 Team GB Olympic volleyball squad, as well as working on the media side for NBC at the Rio 2016 Olympics. Now she is combining her love for photography, broadcasting and volleyball on her YouTube channel, as well as on the mic for ‘The Ace Space’ Podcast.
In the episode we spoke about:
- Which was the best country to play in and why?
- Which was the most fulfilling, your 4 years at the University of Miami, competing in Champions League Final or London 2012 Olympics
- Do athletes that go to a school such as Miami, are they held to higher standard because of the brand? Such as "The U"
- Childlike mentality; "You don't know what you don't know"
- Underdog mentality
- The "Cheat step"
- What have you used to keep yourself grounded during lockdown?
- Is volleyball more 'sportsmanlike' or 'gamesmanlike' then other sports?
- Does sport help you to compartmentalise?
For more information about Mind Set Game connect with us on Facebook @mindsetgamepodcast